As a Customer Service/ Operations Executive, you will be responsible for making bookings on our ERP software, creating bookings with carriers and scheduling pickups with local truckers. Operationally, you will be responsible for coordinating with airlines to book our freight, negotiate rates, and ensure our freight moves out in a timely manner. One will also be responsible for all correspondence with our overseas office, agents and sales team via phone/email which is necessary for this operation.
- Handling of export shipments from overseas offices, agents and domestic sales team.
- Making sure that costs and sell rates are accurate before movement of freight.
- Creating bookings on FSL's ERP software.
- Contacting Shippers to enquire about the readiness of cargo, cargo dimensions, no. of pieces, type of commodity, weight, pick up location, etc
- Make bookings with carriers and maintain cut-off timelines (Document Cut off Date, Sailing Date and Arrival Date).
- Negotiating rates with local truckers, scheduling and monitoring pickups.
- Ensure 100% consistency within documentation, freight received, freight hand-over and booking.
- Sending periodic updates with all information on ERP such as:
- Pick-up status
- Cargo readiness status
- Agent updates
- Customer updates,
- Attaching docs received from customers such as Commercial Invoice, SLI, and Packing list.
- Responding to emails/enquiries/shipments in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with Shipper, Trucker and Warehouse to ensure the cargo reaches on desired date from Origin to Destination.