Back to Results
Senior Learning and Development Manager
Location: Reston Region
Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Direct Hire
HireStrategy is exclusively working with a client in the Dulles Corridor seeking a Learning and Development Manager with 5+ years of progressive experience. The Learning and Development Manager will be in a highly strategic role that requires you to set strategy and vision for the group and lead a world-class team to execute on that strategy.
- Ensuring that all projects are meeting or exceeding the terms in the client’s statement of work.
- Developing or guiding the development of instructionally sound, creative and high quality learning solutions with high impact results that leave a lasting effect (e.g. curriculum design, storyboarding, self-study, e-learning, blended learning).
- Managing projects: delivering on time, on budget and with unparalleled quality standards.
- Managing, motivating and guiding a Learning and Development team.
- Anticipating organizational changes that come with large-scale implementations.
- Working with clients to re-tool and re-skill their people, so they support the new way of doing business.
- Building an approach that involves and engages those impacted by the change and ensuring an appropriate sponsorship from management.
- Conducting thorough needs and gap analyses in skills, audience, organization, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field required
- Masters degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years external learning and development consulting / training or instructional design experience
- Minimum of 5 years program/project management experience
- Expert level experience in instructional design principles and best practices
- Superior business/technical writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager using proven methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability influencing and supporting senior leadership