Back to Results
Location: Reston Region
Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is looking for a Recruiter in the Fairfax, VA area.
- Partners with hiring managers to identify, evaluate required duties and responsibilities, knowledge, hard and soft skills and abilities regarding job requirements.
- Assists hiring managers in creating job descriptions that identify the duties and responsibilities, education, experience, and knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully complete the job.
- Partners with hiring manager providing consultative and advisory recruiting strategy including market trends, candidate assessments, candidate challenges, time lines, interview schedules/conflicts, etc.
- Partners with compensation to identify appropriate job level and salaryfor the positions.
- Ensures all proper requisition forms have been completed and approved before position is posted.
- Posts positions on preapproved recruiting sites.
- Provides continuous networking with internal and external sources to identify potential candidates.
- Reviews/analyzes resumes and/or applications, interviews (via phone and/or one-on-one), identifies candidates meet requirements, schedules candidates for interviews with hiring managers, assist hiring managers in selecting candidates for hire, conducts reference and background checks.
- Consults/advises hiring manager(s), Supervisor, Human Resources, and candidates regularly on the status of the open position.
- Creates appropriate paperwork for approval with internal management for potential hire of selected candidate.
- Acts as liaison with employment agencies and assigns new hire contingents to appropriate temporary hiring agencies.
- Processes and provides on-boarding information for hiring agency.
- Travels and participates in college recruitment, job fairs, and other recruiting initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience recruiting for high level unique positions.
- Previous experience in high volume recruiting environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with hiring managers.
- Demonstrated skills in managing complex client and candidate relationships.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience utilizing applicant tracking system
- Ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with employment policies and procedures and federal and state laws regarding employment practices required.
- Strong interviewing skill techniques with a thorough knowledge of the positions functions.