Back to Results
Location: Houston Region
Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Facilitate the proper payroll processing for MHIA corporate and division employees.
- Receive and review employee status change, new hire documentation, and other data regarding employee status.
- Supervise and administer the time keeping procedures for nonexempt employees in compliance with organization policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Act as primary contact with MHIA Shared Services Division.
- Access payroll data and create standard and adhoc reports for payroll and benefits cost allocation and reconciliation.
- Reply to requests for employee verifications
- Administer employee benefits programs.
- Receive and maintain records of enrollment and change documents, and ensure receipt of completed HIPAA Authorization forms.
- Respond to employee questions regarding employee benefits, claims, costs, and other concerns.
- Communicate with insurance carriers, brokers and employees to resolve issues.
- Reconcile invoices. Calculate premiums and prepare billing documents.
- Maintain the organization’s 401(k) plan documentation and database, and serve as the liaison with administration vendor.
- Review monthly payment schedule and approve amount for payment to firm.
- Respond to employee questions regarding plan and encourage use of the website by employees.
- Reconcile withholding with payroll data and submit contributions in compliance with IRS regulations.
- Oversee the organization’s HRIS including data entry, payroll data reconciliation, report generation and system updates.
- Ensure the integrity of the data on an ongoing basis
- Provide ongoing support and training to select MHIA affiliated companies
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Participate to coordinate employee events, programs and outings.
- Travel to divisions as required
- 5-7 years previous HR experience (payroll/benefits)
- Must have experience with processing payroll and benefits (health insurance, life insurance, etc)
- Must be polished and professional
- Four year degree
- Must have tenure of at least 3 years per previous job