Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our Human Resources team is committed to nurturing a work environment where our people thrive and work together to achieve our mission. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to manage the benefits that we offer to reward our people.
Develop long range objectives regarding benefits programs; review short and long range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefit programs and implementation of new programs.
- Maintain knowledge of current issues and laws related to employee benefits and assures organizational adherence.
- Monitor administrative costs of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies/alternative methods for administration/funding.
- Negotiate contracts to ensure the best possible coverage for the least cost.
- Determine benefits requirements of the institution and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Complete and file annual reports and tests to fulfill federal and benefit plan requirements.
- Calculate, review and approve all participant changes to the 403(b), 457(b) and Defined Benefit plan (contributions, withdrawals and loans).
- Evaluate current summary plan designs and recommend changes, revisions and/or improvements.
- Conduct non-discrimination testing for all retirement plans.
- Work with colleagues in Finance on audits and reporting of Forms 5500 for retirement plans
- Work with internal legal counsel and consultants to ensure that all plan documents and contacts are up to date and accessible for staff.
- Complete and distribute all regulatory compliance notifications in a timely manner.
- Advise and process leaves of absences.
- Respond to questions from employees.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organization skills.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, as required.
- Excellent communication skills to submit ideas, proposals, and decisions (in writing and orally) in a professional and effective manner.
- Eight to ten years’ benefits administration experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, nonprofit management, business administration, or other discipline is required. HR certification, e.g., SHRM-CP is a plus.