Back to Results
Dev Ops Engineer/ Lead
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our Client in Alexandria, VA is looking for an experience Dev Ops Engineer/ Lead to join their growing team!
Candidate must have 5+ years’ Dev Ops experience with Windows and SQL web operations background to serve with a team dedicated to supporting a BRS, and SaaS application. Responsibilities range from building resilient systems and creating repeatable processes to system performance monitoring and environment automation.
The selected candidate will have strong communication skills, a dedication to working with teammates to create great solutions, and a willingness to participate in an afterhour’s on-call rotation. This is an ideal position for someone with a broad range of experiences and responsibilities looking to take the next step.
- Works on multiple tasks in support of one or more projects that require a singular area of expertise.
- Works as a project team member, or independently on small projects.
- Increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
- Participates in project planning processes.
- Creates and shares development estimates and operational requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines.
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes).
- Writes and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of client solutions.
- Analyzes client operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvements
- Develops/builds IT solutions to meet business requirements.
- Installs and configures solutions.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- Translates business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios and scripts.
- Develops and/or implements reusable components.
- Codes and documents custom test automation frameworks.
- Maintains new and existing object reference files.
- Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- Assists with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology
- Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
- Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production- ready.
- Validates deployments.
- Evaluates existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- May perform automated/load tests and address any issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- 5 Years of Programming Experience (Windows 2012 Server, SQL 2014+, Powershell, .Net Framework)
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations.
- Knowledge of an agile team environment and process.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Requires working knowledge of two or more programming languages.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment