Back to Results
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
- Leads, coordinates, and delegates responsibilities to members of a defined team that handles IT support to employees of DTGT. Experience with networks and running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, and email provision. Knowledge of upgrades and security of hardware and software systems.
- Reports to DEI IT Director; works 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Responsible for IT support to employees of DLG.
- Evaluates user needs and system functionality and ensures that IT facilities meet these needs.
- Plans, develops, and implements the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers were appropriate to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Schedules upgrades and security back-ups of hardware and software system.
- Researches and installs new systems.
- Ensures the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, and e-mail provision.
- Ensures that software licensing laws are adhered to.
- Provides secure access to the network for remote users (VPN).
- Ensures the security of data from internal and external attack.
- Keeps up to date with the latest technologies.
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Mentors and trains new IT support staff.
- Provides users with appropriate support and advice.
- Oversees PCI compliance standard of IT operating for credit card processing.
- Performs all other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows.
- Ability to collect, digest, and organize complex information and use experience to present information in an efficient and thoughtful manner with an attention to detail.
- Ability to write correspondence and to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to show passion for customer service endeavoring flawless execution.
- Ability to multi-task and keep up with a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to focus on problem solving with the ability to work with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter and to exhibit sound decision making.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use time efficiently and to set challenging goals and objectives.
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 80% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Employee is frequently required to lift and carry a minimum of 10 pounds.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment. Minimal physical effort is required. Lifting and carrying requirements of up to 15 pounds. Occasional or frequent ability to move boxes from one location to another.