Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client in Alexandria, VA is seeking a Security Architect to join their team on a contract to hire basis!
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Design security solutions by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), cloud based infrastructure, routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; adhering to industry standards.
- Serve as an expert who makes detailed-level design choices and dictates technical standards regarding various infrastructure such as servers, operating systems, load balancers, backup schemes, file systems, tools, platforms and cloud strategies
- Performing security risk assessments for change requests, and make recommendations to the team
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with security assessments for HiTrust, and SOC2 Compliance.
- Develop Hardening guides and standards to be used by IT and Security Engineers for building systems.
- Reprioritize tasks on short notice as issues arise; identify and communicate impacts of changes
- 5+ years of experience with security solution delivery, including working on networking infrastructure design, implementation, and operations.
- Overall strong background in systems engineering, security engineering, cloud based architecture, enterprise integration, and interoperability in a complex systems environment
- 5+ Experience with Firewalls (Palo Alto Networks preferred), SIEM and other security products
- 5+ Experience with Networking Technologies (Cisco/Juniper)
- Strong understanding of SaaS Security requirements
- Experience in Windows Networking
- Experience in Windows Server & SQL Server Security & Architecture
- Experience as a technical lead
- Experience with security frameworks such a NIST, HiTrust and HIPPA
- Experience with advising internal customers on architectures meeting industry standard frameworks such a NIST, HiTrust and HIPPA
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to independently author a wide range of technical documents
- Ability to work with senior management-level executives
- CISSP (preferred)