Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client in Alexandria, VA is looking for a qualified Server Engineer to join their team on a contract to hire basis!
- Manage data backup and restoration systems for the local facility
- Administer VoIP phone systems
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server (primarily 2012 R2/2016) including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, and DHCP
- Manage Office 365 and Azure infrastructure
- Off-shift coverage will be required for support of systems and/or scheduled maintenance and system upgrades.
- subject matter expert (SME) by developing working knowledge of the supported applications and the environments in which they are used; support SQL Server, Windows Server, IIS, Java, ASP and .NET based applications using SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and Service Now; understanding of security and TCP/IP protocols.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues with supported applications and their
- Provide detailed technical responses to client requests via phone, email, instant messaging and online ticketing application in a professional and timely manner
- Participate in technology road map tracking and provide recommendations as needed.
- Use network/application performance management tools to troubleshoot, analyze, test and provide recommended solutions for performance problems associated with the company's network infrastructure
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 6 Years’ experience with building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments both on premise and off promise (public/private cloud).
- 4 years minimum experience working with Cisco & dell switching technology, or equivalent router technology. With detailed understanding of experience with VLANs, Spanning Tree and IP routing protocols required.
- 3 years managing a Hypervisor Virtual Environment (VMWare & HyperV).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure environment
- Experience with Office 365
- Exceptional organization skills to prioritize work and ability to balance services and project tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to re-prioritize tasks on short notice and identify and communicate impacts of changes
- Delivering highly complex technical support to customers, internal systems, and other using effective techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with application/network/OS and database vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) - highly preferred