Back to Results
Systems/Network Admin (Tier III)
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Systems/Network Admin (Tier III) function is to develop, support, administer, and maintain server based computer systems, telecommunications systems, security systems, and network infrastructure systems to ensure the stable and optimized operation of the organization s IT infrastructure. This role is also responsible for managing and maintaining infrastructure hardware and appliances in the restaurant support offices. The regular activities of the role include configuring, patching, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing new and existing network hardware, software, firmware, and communications equipment.
- Evaluate and recommend network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Monitor and evaluate systems to ensure stability and performance of all servers (physical and virtual) and their associated operating systems and software at on-site and off-site data centers.
- Monitor and evaluate hardware and appliances to ensure optimal operation of the network hardware and appliances, including routers, switches, Wi-Fi, UPSs, etc.
- Responsible for the configuration, installation and maintenance of server and network equipment; this includes Windows servers, firewalls, routers, switches, networking equipment, NAS devices, network connected printers, etc.
- Provide support including troubleshooting and resolving network, server and connectivity related issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support for software applications including Elite Accounting, iManage, Citrix, MS Office 2010, MS SQL 2008, etc.
- Execute and plan scheduled maintenance (applying security patches, tuning changes, firmware upgrades, etc.) such that it minimizes impact to the business.
- Monitor and plan for network and hardware capacity, such that it meets existing and future requirements.
- Provides ownership of problems thru final resolution with strong team player approach
- Assist with day-to-day operations of infrastructure environment.
- User / group account maintenance (Active Directory, ADFS).
- Documentation: this position deals with sensitive information and has a lot of reporting and documentation responsibilities.
- Test, and implement new hardware and software.
- Act as a technical resource for IT and business teams.
- Provide second level support as needed.
- Develop automated solutions through the use of scripting to streamline certain processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Experience in network and infrastructure support and administration (minimum 5 years)
- MCP, MCSE certifications a plus.
- In depth hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Active Directory, ADFS
- Windows 7, 8+, Server 2008, and 2012+
- Storage technologies (NAS)
- TCP/IP, routing, Layer 2 and 3 switching, WAN connections, VPN, Meraki wireless technologies, DHCP, DNS, VLAN s, SSL certificates, HTTP, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with scripting and automation (VBScript, PowerShell, Perl, PHP, queries)
- Experience with PCI concepts a strong plus.
- Experience with iManage or IPDos a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server a plus.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills, think analytically while working in a fast paced IT environment.
- Experience with network and server load balancing tools a plus.
- Experience with monitoring and infrastructure management tools a plus.
- Experience with mainstream anti-virus, backup and patch management systems.
- Desktop and scripting/automation knowledge needed; experience with PowerShell a plus.
- Proven ability to provide high customer satisfaction to all levels of teammates.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs. required.
- Other duties as required.
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Crewmembers with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deliver results under heavy pressure deadlines
- Must maintain disciplined time management and follow-up work to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced, consumer brand organization
- Must maintain confidential information