Back to Results
Junior Java Developer (AWS)
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a Jr. Java Developer to join their mission oriented company in Arlington VA.
In this role, the Jr. Software Java Developer will be doing full stack development and will participate in design reviews, and conduct daily peer code reviews. In this role, you will be joining a fast paced, Agile, Test Driven Development team.
- Computer science degree (or related discipline)
- 1 - 2 years of experience in Java /J2EE development, concurrency, middleware, and/or distributed computing
- Experience with AWS is STRONGLY preferred
- Must have experience working in the database (Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server) and write queries
- Experience working in full stack development
- Must have Restful Web Services experience
- Proven history of successful interaction with internal customers and/or enterprise IT department
- Skilled in troubleshooting, determine causes of errors and drive problem resolution to ensure business continuity
- Ability to analyze, design, and develop applications using an object oriented approach.
- Understanding of object oriented design patterns, micro-service architecture patterns, and a fundamental understanding to cloud deployments and methodologies
- Knowledge of debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Strong inclination towards improving solutions and/or surrounding processes
- Good communication skills (verbal/written)