Back to Results
Lead/Manager Dev Opps Team
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our Client, a growing company in Arlington, VA, is seeking a Hands-On DevOps Engineering Manager with strong leadership skills and with strong UNIX and web application architecture (Python, Ruby) and administration skills to help support an enterprise web site.
- An enthusiastic, self-starter who works in a pro-active manner, providing solutions.
- The DevOps Engineer will be able to work independently and as part of a geographically distributed team.
- The DevOps Engineer will be able to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and to reliably meet deadlines.
- The DevOps Engineer will be able to demonstrate good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate clearly to peers, vendors, customers, and management. Team player with strong communication and leadership skills
- BSCS or equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in web application administration for a large corporate web site
- At least 3 years of management experience
- Strong understanding of web application architectures
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Rundeck, and Jenkins
- Experience with Git version control software
- Experience with JEE application servers (Tomcat, Jboss), Oracle Database, Shell, HTTP, and Apache in Linux
- Experience working with monitoring tools and hardware load balancers (F5) is desired