Back to Results
Manager, IT Enterprise Support
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
A HireStrategy client is looking for a, Manager, IT Enterprise Support, in the Washington DC metro area!
Provides outstanding leadership in the developmental growth of Desktop Support & Field Support teams. Assists staff in answering questions to resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. Assists in the resolution of escalated technical issues and exemplifies mastery in technical support while providing outstanding customer service.
- Oversee the development and progress of all technicians within each tier of Support department in regards to appropriate content, volume and time frame.
- Responsible for conducting evaluations for each employee.
- Mentor/teach personnel in Support in acquiring appropriate skill set at each level, proper protocol/procedure on communication towards clients, ticket formats, escalation processes, assessing priorities, etc.
- Responsible for filtering and resolving escalated issues within Support; act as main point of contact for personnel to resolve issues beyond their skill set, knowledge, etc before involving management/other departments.
- Participate in the interviewing of potential talent, hiring decisions, terminations and progressive discipline when appropriate.
- Organize and communicate skills transfer and educational sessions for Support.
- Train technicians in Support in use of equipment and tools.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems.
- Communicate with customers to determine customer needs.
- Provide users with technical support for computer problems.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain the peripherals, such as printers, that are connected to the network.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Confer with users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Maintain needed files by adding and deleting files on the network server and backing up files to guarantee their safety in the event of problems with the network.
- Read technical manuals and brochures to determine which equipment meets establishment requirements.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and pc configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Responsible for documenting and updating all customer correspondence and relevant internal information in support tickets via ticketing system.
Required Knowledge : Windows Client Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating systems, Exchange basics, Active Directory, ServiceNow, Jira, SAP, Phone systems, Wireless configuration, General software installation and troubleshooting, PC Hardware, PC Peripherals, DMS setup and troubleshooting, DNS Internal, DHCP, VPN, Web filters, Spam filters, Profiles troubleshooting, Terminal services, Antivirus, Active Sync, Citrix, CRM, Microsoft Office Software, General Office Productivity software, Basic Apple Mac troubleshooting, Cell phones - setup and troubleshooting, Physical and Electronic Fax setup and troubleshooting, Printer Setup and troubleshooting, Circuit troubleshooting, Internet connection troubleshooting
Qualifications : Experience : 7+ years IT Experience, prior management experience required
Education & Certifications : Bachelor’s Degree
Skills : Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Learning Strategies, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, Writing, Coordination, Instructing, Persuasion, Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Equipment Maintenance, Installation, Operation Monitoring, Quality Control Analysis, Repairing, Technology Design, Troubleshooting, Judgment and Decision Making, Systems Analysis