Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is creating a centralized team that governs product master data for the entire organization. The Master Data Management (MDM) Shared Services team is responsible for creation of master data, analyzing data related defects and identifying root causes, and driving continuous improvement in business processes and outcomes by establishing data standards and using tools to improve data quality.
The team helps to ensure that the correct and high quality master data is available in all business processes and IT systems.
- Collaborate with Data Control & Compliance team to document all required data governance artifacts data standards and policies, business process, RACI data ownership matrices, data dictionary, training material, etc.
- Partner with Data Control & Compliance team along with the business to drive data cleansing efforts
- Understand data lineage (data creation to ETL to end user consumption) and work with Data Owners to document metadata and business definitions
- Maintains and defines data quality processes; participates in the development of data quality rules which supports critical business processes. Participates in and/or leads discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, technology, engineering, or math related field required. Master degree preferred
- 5+ years in Master Data Management, Data Quality Analysis and Data Governance Efforts
- Experience in designing data analytics and root cause analysis to drive business transformation efforts
- Experience or working knowledge in business operations, including R&D and supply chain operations, to understand operational issues and translate them into data quality problems
- Experience in assessing and designing business processes, data standards and policy definition
- Experience working with or as a member of a data governance council
- Demonstrated success in managing a data quality program
- General understanding of Master Data Management principles, system solutions and data integration
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) operations is a plus
- Experience in management consulting services, specialized in master data management is a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills to assess data issues and identify creative solutions across, people, process, and technology
- Research, error detection, root cause analysis, error correction, and decision-making skills
- Foundational knowledge of Data Governance, Data Stewardship, and Data Quality best practices
- Working knowledge of relational database and query concepts
- Business acumen and understanding of key business operational processes to assess impact from master data to downstream activities
- Process improvement with some understanding of six sigma and lean principles
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products, including Excel, Access, Visio, Powerpoint, etc