Back to Results
Senior Software Developer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of our software initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for development and a strong background in a variety of languages including .NET, Java, Python and SQL using an Agile development methodology.
In this role you work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
- Work with clients on requirements to drive phases of the SDLC using the Agile methodology while creating new software products
- Write detailed design documents and lead design reviews with cross functional groups
- Ensure customer satisfaction and functionality using object-oriented applications and third party tools.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring, Hibernate, and Struts, and Solr
- Proficient in additional languages including C#/.NET, Python, etc.
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Riak
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management
- Experience with writing both unit tests and integration tests