Back to Results
Network Provisioning Specialist
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client in Loudoun County is hiring and in need for an experienced Provisioning Specialist with a carrier background to join their fast-paced team.
The ideal candidate will focus on the provisioning of telecommunication services, as well as show a basic understanding of the functions within the telecom industry. In addition, the candidate will interface directly with vendors and customers on their network needs, and also work directly with vendors for pricing requirements. The candidate is responsible for ensuring consistency of customer satisfaction. The candidate will work with all departments as part of a cross-functional project team.
- Manage multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enter new, upgrade, downgrade, and disconnect service orders for sales.
- Solicit quotes from vendors
- Resolve escalated orders and issues.
- Create, maintain, track, and report on status updates for open orders.
- Assist with and write company-wide workflows and processes.
- Coordination with management to ensure timely installation of customer circuits.
- Schedule and prepare for customer activations as well as disconnection of services.
- Have strong negotiation skills to achieve the objectives of both the team and stakeholders.
- Collect information from the sales team and populate information for reports/memos, as well as maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Validate, create and manage customer circuit orders and order form creation for all access orders.
- Request pricing from vendors as well as prepare quotes for customers.
- Work side-by-side with a project team to lead the service initiation, circuit provisioning, and installation with contracted services.
- Manage the orders for delivery, ensuring accountability and timely installation.
- Monitoring progress of orders and project managing when necessary.
- Identify and assist with resolving any customer/vendor related issues that may occur.
- Flexible availability for connection activation calls, along with disconnections calls in and out of normal work hours.
- Interface with internal teams, clients, and vendors, as needed.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed to satisfaction and on time.
- Work well individually as well as in small teams.
- Ensure the accuracy of completed files, and make sure appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer/vendor standards.
- Clearly identify gaps in project delivery while ensuring that the project team and customers are aware of issues that will impact timely project completion or costs, and pro-actively seek to identify and communicate any schedule and budget risks.
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years of Telecom Provisioning experience, as well as knowledge and understanding of complex network designs.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, extremely organized, able to work flexible hours, have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In addition, you must be able to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure with the capability to meet deadlines.