Back to Results
Location: Rockville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
We are hiring for a really exciting WordPress Web Developer for a role in College Park, MD. As a WordPress Developer you will be responsible for providing maintenance and enhancement of internal websites. Will develop open-source Python graphical programs and scripts. Must be able to work in Windows, Mac and LINUX/UNIX environments.
- Developing professional and high converting websites using HTML and CSS. SEO and mobile experience is preferred
- Working with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- Following up with clients to ensure they meet deadlines
- Establishes locatability of sites developed by registering with search engines
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links
- Provides ongoing support to launched websites through ticket system, meeting company support practice expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience with web development (WordPress)
- Proficient in Python, PHP, Linux
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- HTML, KML, Flash and ERSI Shapefiles
- Scripting languages (batch, ksh, bash, Perl,)
- HYSPLIT graphics and products
- Experience providing support to senior group members
- Fast learner
- Master of strategic, technical problem solving
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies and concepts in an evolving environment.
- Ability to gain knowledge of industry standards and best practices for web application development.