Back to Results
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Title: Network/Senior Systems Engineer
The Network/Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for overseeing day-to-day information technology activities, specifically those that pertain to the company’s local and wide area network infrastructure. This position involves but is not limited to, Administration, monitoring and supporting Microsoft Windows Servers 2008-2012, VM hyper-v operating systems and various software application packages, as well as administration for network hardware (switches, hubs, routers, firewalls, servers), software (Exchange, Active Director, network monitoring, patch management, antivirus), and data integrity including online and archived. Supports and maintains all the PC’s, and servers in the local and remotes offices.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the host computers and servers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Provide documentation of IT infrastructure rules, functional specifications, and process interpretation for assigned applications, systems, and solutions
- Troubleshoot, manage and maintain system performance including all communications links, network devices and services: Switches, Hubs, Routers, Antivirus protection, Email, Website, Internet, and Intranet administration
- Monitor capacity versus utilization for hardware, system throughput and licenses and recommend appropriate action on timely basis to avoid performance degradation and over/under subscription
- Responds to telephone calls, e-mails and personal requests for end-user technical support, and provides resolutions in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Establishes security guidelines and procedures; defines architectures and selects technologies to protect networks from unauthorized access.
- Updates ticket system/workflow for the department and assists with project management as required.
- Supports and maintains user account information including permissions, security and system groups.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment in local and remote environments.
- Install, troubleshoot, manage and monitor company’s wide area network. Experience with the administration and configuration of Cisco routers & switches.
- Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems
- Supports email, web applications, network firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), TCP/IP, intrusion detection/prevention, VMware and Hypervisor implementation and administration
- Provide After Hours Support as needed
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10-20 years of experience in the I.T. industry, with at least 10+ years of Network/Infrastructure administration.
- Strong customer service and technical skills.
- Very strong communications skills and analytical aptitude.
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced Experience with Microsoft software and associated hardware products including Windows based Servers, Hyper-V, Active Directory administration and Exchange
- Advanced Experience with enterprise backup and recovery technologies, system performance monitoring tools, Antivirus, Network Security, LANs and WANs and storage administration.