Back to Results
JAVA - Sr. Java Developer
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
The position provides leadership, planning and support of information technology services and personnel including software development and network infrastructure. Responsibilities include system redundancy, security, and IT operations. Ensures that associated procedures are standardized, effectively measured and communicated. In this role, he/she leads cross-functional efforts for advancing operational improvements. Additionally, this position encompasses software development for new and existing customer-facing web applications many of which require sensitive data protection.
- Supervises the assigned IT function and creates metrics supporting improvements.
- Collaborates to create strong processes that increase operational efficiencies.
- Ensures IT function complies with PCI, SOX, CPNI, etc.
- Creates and owns weekly IT operational scorecard.
- Serves as primary lead in building customer relations and communications including anticipating client needs that can then be translated into application’s performance and features.
- Works with various IT groups to centralize budgeting and resource allocation for projects.
- Creates and implements a multi-year IT plan that aligns with the strategic business plan
- Working with the Senior Software Engineer, designs and implements new features in a scalable existing web application that is built on the Play Framework, including bug fixing enhancements, and QA.
- Works with the Senior Systems Engineer to understand database and application performance and security in the production environment, including capacity planning for the DB and trouble-shooting any issues/errors.
- Leads the execution of penetration testing and application fuzzing as a prerequisite to all major releases, including maintenance of the test cases.
- Creates and Implements processes to maintain the source code repository and release management.
- Leads the product release management process including change management, scheduling, authoring release notes, authoring product roadmaps.
- Conducts unit testing and writes use/test cases and supervises internal regression testing of new releases using automated testing tools such as Selenium.
- Maintains test environments and deployment of new features, patches and releases via Jenkins automation server and Github.
- Converts business requirements to detailed application technical specification/requirements documentation.
- Assists in root cause analysis and resolution.
- Works collaboratively with other IT team members, customers, and the product team as part of an Agile Development process.
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or related field and minimum of five (5) years relevant experience. Master’s degree desired
- 5+ years experience in implementing and managing specific IT functions.
- 5+ years of varied overall, IT experience including IT operations, DR/BCP, and IT services.
- Experience managing large projects, creating and defining complex operational processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of Java.
- Knowledge of open software security including encryption, authentication methodologies, data integrity and data protection.
- Experience encrypting at the database level.
- Experience suing Subversion Source Control.
- Experience using industry standard QA tools and processes.
- Experience with AJAX.
- Experience with industry standard development methodologies.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting with my SQL.
- Experience developing on a Linux environment running Apache/Tomcat and MySQL databases in a production environment.
- Provides 24/7 support for emergency issues as required.
- Experience with:
JAVA AS API
Reporting, data visualization, PDF generation
XML, XSLT, XQuery