Back to Results
Data - Data Analyst
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Addison Group is looking for a Data Analyst to join their client in Elk Grove Village:
The Sr. Ecommerce Marketplace Analyst focuses on merchandising. products on externally hosted websites and marketplaces. This position optimizes product data on 3rd party storefronts and ensures data feeds are operating properly with financial responsibility for ensuring that the program is driving profitable growth. This is a pivotal role in the organization as marketplaces are an integral, quickly growing component of the company’s marketing programs.
The Sr. Ecommerce Marketplace Analyst works to ensure that all online commerce channels are operating correctly including all third party markets (Amazon, Walmart, Jet.com, eBay etc.). They partner with the appropriate internal resources in resolving issues and communicating to the business in a timely manner.
They work closely with technology partners and platforms to maintain and evolve our marketplace presence, enhancing revenue and margin, while also building successful relationships with contacts at all of our marketplaces to ensure smooth operations and to gain insight into opportunities to improve the business. The Sr Marketplace Analysis will analyze available channels, end users, and the competitive landscape, leading to the implementation of new third party marketplace integrations and changes in our presence on existing marketplace
ss that optimize margin contribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other Duties May Be Assigned
- Responsible for maintaining marketplace presence and relationships.
- Monitor and improve marketplace performance, taking proactive steps to avoid issues when possible and quickly correct them when necessary.
- Keep up on changes to marketplace policies and functionality
- Produce financial reports and data analytics using SQL, Excel and Tableau.
- Provide recommendations and implement merchandising and pricing strategy effectively to drive a high conversion with a high market sale price.
- Analyze sales patterns by category on all listings to identify opportunities and to investigate unexpected sales declines.
- Assist in identifying and launching new Marketplace opportunities, including logistical needs, pricing and implementation.
- Reviews storefront listings for completeness. Responds to internal requests for listing changes and updates.
- Work closely with Manager, Digital Content to overcome storefront publishing errors.
- Monitor exception reports and escalates issues to middleware firm.
- Assist in increasing listing visibility and traffic through marketplace tools and promotions.
- Work with eCommerce Analyst and IT to resolve errors that cannot be fixed by content manipulation or middleware/storefront service tickets.
- Monitor storefront feedback systems to address negative customer reviews. Solicit further customer feedback or request removal of invalid reviews. Report trends and results to the eCommerce Analyst.
- Develop new ways to increase brand awareness for Collections Etc. on marketplaces, including the management of customer review solicitations.
- Own P&L responsibility for channels.
- Identifies opportunities to increase sales through the analysis of different selling patterns between catalogs, the collectionsetc.com website and online Marketplaces. Request inventory buys specifically for marketplaces and monitors item performance against those requests.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities for ecommerce analyst.
- This position has a direct impact on the reputation the Company maintains in a highly competitive marketplace.
- The role will be responsible for ensuring the business meets financial goals of the marketplace program.
- Position will have managerial responsibilities for at least one direct report.
- Works independently to facilitate the objectives of the department and Company under minimal direction. Position requires the exercise of independent judgment.
- This is a highly visible position, impacting the business strategically and operationally. The Ecommerce Marketplace Analyst is a business partner to Company leaders and as such must be well versed in Winston Brands business model and plans.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Strong understanding of the job functions and possesses the knowledge and skills required to perform the required job functions.
- Dependable, responsible, and willing to accept accountability.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing sales and performing calculations such as retail margin, growth rate, percent change, etc.
- Strong continuous learning for self and others; keeps abreast of changes in current field and new technology.
- Excellent written and verbal and presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and coaching skills; ability to build team cohesiveness by emphasizing team objectives and reinforcing cooperation within the team; ability to build and promote teamwork and cooperation outside of the department.
- Strong customer service orientation; includes interaction with both internal and external customers.
- Results oriented with strong planning, prioritization, problem solving and decision-making, organizational and time-management skills. Works well under pressure and delivers on commitments.
- Good business acumen; ability to identify and communicate ideas that contribute to the continued growth of the Company.
- Ability to hire, train and develop resources to maximize efficiency and effectiveness; recognizes and effectively leverages associates skills and abilities.
- Ability to create an environment in which associates want to do their best; clearly aligns associates career development with the goals of the Company.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate findings to all levels and to translate results into future actions to improve the business.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate goals and objectives; including level of responsibility, decision making authority, tools and resources, and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be pragmatic and assertive; leads by example; assumes responsibility for own actions and holds direct reports accountable.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database programs and report writing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising, Business, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of eCommerce experience in direct 3P marketplace management including eBay, Walmart, Amazon, Jet.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel a plus; advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with Tableau reporting tools.
- Experience with CMS platforms desired.
- Intermediate MS Word and PowerPoint skills desired.
- Experience in owning P&L responsibility.
- Experience in managing team members.
- The successful candidate has impeccable project management skills and is experienced at driving operational excellence in a digital environment.
- Excellent skills in collaboration and influence both internally and with external partners.