Back to Results
Location: Dallas Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
Job Title: Java Developer
The Java Developer will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. They must be capable of communicating effectively with team developers. A Java Developer will generally be able to work independently based on their strong development skills.
- Develop software applications and/or components according to requirements and High Level Design, by actively participating in relevant phases of the application development life cycle.
- Document developed software. This includes in-line documentation and standalone documents as may be necessary to describe the implementation of requirements to other team members.
- Design and develop web sites to serve business objectives for external and internal customers.
- Incorporate current techniques, tools and trends in web development to ensure adherence to best practices and design industry standards.
- Create processes that are predictable, repeatable and measurable.
- Communicate status of work in progress to immediate supervisor and other project stakeholders.
- 3+ years’ experience with object oriented design (Java).
- 3+ years of experience with Java language.
- 2+ years’ experience in the development of enterprise wide applications.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Experience with iterative and test-driven development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Maintain and demonstrate technical proficiency in application development languages, libraries, tools, methodologies, and techniques used by which include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Windows OS.
- Object-oriented methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Web/Internet development tools and techniques.
- N-tier and distributed architecture.
- SQL in a relational database such as Oracle, SQL Server or DB2.
- Database querying tools.
- System monitoring, profiling and other debugging tools used complement those used in the normal development IDE.
- Ensure project success and superior application design by being able to formulate, present and articulate effective and progressive development designs or alternatives which adhere to standards and satisfy customer needs.
- Extensive experience in developing web applications (Spring).
- Extensive experience developing web service (Apache CXF).
- Experience working with Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate).
- Experience using build automation tools (Maven).
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.