Location: Nashville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
· Writing self-documenting code and unit tests.
· Ensuring code completeness by understanding impact of code additions or changes, including thorough testing to validate functionality and operational soundness. Doesn’t rely on QA to find obvious bugs.
· Facilitating agile practices.
· Doing code reviews; watching for adherence to standards, code soundness, and requirement fulfillment.
· Working solo or with team members to deliver projects; participating in technical design and planning meetings for projects; helping define project milestones and estimates for development work, continually refining expectations as work progresses.
· Working with other senior developers, team leads, and architects to constructively debate and craft development strategies to implement next generation architecture software and services.
· Whiteboarding or creating artifacts to clearly present ideas, challenges, or solutions to management or members of the team.
· Troubleshooting production and performance issues. Proactively monitors application activity to guard against downtime. Provides recommendations for DevOps improvements.
· Staying current with development technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What we need from you:
· 4-6+ years of experience in Java development, preferably in a corporate environment
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related industry experience.
· Proficiency in server-side enterprise Java a must. This includes, but is not limited to, JSPs, servlets, Spring, Hibernate and JDBC.
· Relational DB concepts and modeling; messaging structures and event-driven thinking
· Enterprise-scope mindset
· Process and tool awareness; the ability to improve efficiency and enhance the developer experience
· Self-sufficiency; able to problem solve and work to exhaust theories and ideas before seeking help from others.
· Humility; you do not think you are right all of the time and can acknowledge when you are not.
· Passion for your trade; you care about what you do and strive to do the right things for the right reasons.
· Courage; you do not shy away from any problem, whether difficult and complex or the more mundane. You can detangle but respect legacy code to not only fulfill requirements but also increase code stability.
· Self-awareness; you acknowledge biases or can take a step back to increase objectiveness in situations as needed.
· Motivation; you want to make a difference.
Why Choose Addison Group?
A leading provider of professional staffing and search services, Addison Group distinguishes itself through exceptional delivery, specialized knowledge and strong relationships. Addison enables ideal connections between talented professionals and dynamic businesses. National practice areas include Administrative & HR; Engineering; Finance & Accounting Contract; Finance & Accounting Executive Search; Financial Services; Healthcare and Information Technology. Addison is an Inavero’s 2012 Best of Staffing winner for both Client and Candidate service. www.addisongroup.com