Back to Results
Technical Support Representative/Social Media Help Desk
Location: Rockville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
We are currently hiring for a Technical Support Associate to provide Tier 1 and 2 level technical support live to our end users. Ideal candidate will have strong communication (written and verbal), problem solving and customer service skills.
- Tracking, configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and/or access administration of end user computing devices, related applications and peripherals (including laptops, mobile devices, workstation operating systems, and related network).
- Provide best-in-class customer service to meet the desktop technology needs of end-users
- Work to proactively understand end-user computing and desktop technology needs.
- Take ownership of and accountability for technical issues while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction through effective communication and prompt resolutions
- Provide quick response and utilize problem solving skills to resolve issues/needs via telephone, email and desk-side support.
- Execute and/or support the imaging, installation deployment or troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, mobile devices, operating systems, application software, IP phones, printers and peripherals (new and upgrades) on both a one-off and project basis
- Manage thorough and timely set-up of computing equipment for new and existing end-users
- Coordinate with team members to ensure prompt resolution and appropriate hand-off; troubleshooting, and diagnosis of issues
- Document, track and monitor requests/problems and actions per defined processes ensuring timely resolution and end-user satisfaction
- Identify opportunities for process improvement with regard to Technology user support processes and policies.
- Provide first level cabling configuration and support for network and phone issues including but not limited to, punch down and cable patching.
- 1-2 years of directly applicable IT support (Service Desk or Hardware Support)
- Social media/live technical support experience (FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit)
- Strong customer service
- Valid driver's license
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to act with a sense of urgency while maintaining composure and professionalism during potentially emotional critical situations
- Knowledge of desktop/laptop PCs, enterprise printers, and peripherals
- Basic knowledge of networking
- A+, Network+ certifications preferred