Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Are you looking for a growth opportunity for a reputable company with a positive work environment? Our client, is looking for a C++ Financial Software Developer to join their team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- At least 5 years’ experience in software engineering with C++.
- Good experience with applications design and software architecture.
- Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
- Good exposure/understanding of end to end software development. For Ex: Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Code Coverage, and DevOps.
- Understanding of design patterns, best coding practices, defensive programming.
- Understanding of fixed income products and analytics (MBS, Loans, Bonds, IR Derivatives, CMO, OAS, Duration, Convexity, KRD)
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis.
- Cloud experience, preferably with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with caching and virtualization technologies.