Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Are you looking for a stimulating and challenging career where your network, infrastructure, and security knowledge can be leveraged to enable communications services?
We are looking for a Senior Lead Network Engineer that can build and enhance our network and hardware infrastructure to support our client's service offerings. You will be in a critical position to make significant contributions to the development and operations of new service features.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for all functions within the network services platform.
- Monitor and Enhance the full-service lifecycle of WAN, LAN, and Voice services across the enterprise.
- Lead a team of skilled Network Architects and Operations Engineers in a production, cloud served, 24 x 7 environment
- Take ownership of all network issue resolution while ensuring communication of correct urgency and severity to network engineers, internal teams, and vendor resources.
- Oversee the preparation and effective management of the annual operating budget
- Recruit and train staff in the use of industry best practices, established engineering methodologies and documented procedures.
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress.
- Delegate the oversight and support of security policies.
- Assess the performance of service components to keep capacity ahead of demand
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or computer-related discipline. Master's degree desirable
- 7 years of experience on a service provider network in engineering or operations roles with at least 3 years of demonstrated team leadership success with an exceptionally strong data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges
- Strong experience with supporting VOIP applications
- Strong background in all elements of infrastructure technologies, including network, voice, internet, mobile, security and enterprise network performance.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms, such as VMWare
- Cisco and/or Juniper Certifications required
- SaaS/Cloud based software service experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of platform operating systems (router platforms, LAN, WAN, and router protocols) MPLS, OSPF, and BGP, and how they interact with the network
- Experience leading network automation teams, especially in Python, Ansible, and data structures (YAML/JSON)
- Networking Switches, Routers, Firewalls, IDSs, and Security Appliances
- Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Linux server operations, deployment, and performance monitoring
- Desire and ability to remain up-to-date with latest industry trends
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.