Back to Results
Java/UI Developers (2)
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is a large nonprofit in the Dulles Corridor. They are seeking 2 contract software engineers to join their team immediately.
The Engineers will perform analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of Clearinghouse database-driven application programs. They will assist the development team in providing comprehensive support for existing and new applications. The Software Engineer will be working in an Agile/Scrum environment where the focus is on the team work and ownership of each project.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements.
- Design, configure, and use ETL process and tools to analyze, manipulate, and integrate data.
- Create and maintain technical and documentation.
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
- Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
- Communicate effectively with team members and coach less-experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 4-7 years of directly related experience in Java programming, SQL development, and experience with building applications using an end-to-end application framework and JEE technology.
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design using UML.
- SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures and processes.
- XML and Web Service application development.
- Spring and Hibernate frameworks, or some equivalent framework, and multi-tier architecture.
- Experience with business tier domain modeling for data-centric applications.