Back to Results
Lead Security Engineer (Certification and Accreditation)
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer in the Washington, DC metro area.
- The Cyber Security Engineer designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- The Cyber Security Engineer ensures system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis.
- The Cyber Security Engineer integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues.
- May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
- Candidate shall provide day-to-day support and oversight of all Information Assurance, Certification & Accreditation and Assessment & Authorization activities.
- Responsible for managing the processing of all organizational efforts through the risk management cycle, this includes closely coordinating and track risks, accreditation status, and reporting status across project teams.
- Generate security plans as required and be the security advocate for all system/architecture changes.
- Assemble and submit C&A packages to Principal Accreditation Authority/ Designated Accreditation Authority.
- Coordinate C&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel.
- Maintain a document repository where C&A project documentation is stored.
- Candidate shall possess a minimum of eleven (11) years of experience in IT security and information assurance
- Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Information Assurance policies and regulations and how they relate to the certification and accreditation process.
- Experience authoring and maintaining systems security documentation including documentation of security mitigations and successful completion of DCID 6/3 or ICD503 accreditation process
- Demonstrated experience navigating the Sponsor's security and accreditation process to include certification and accreditation of an IT system to Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Candidate shall possess knowledge and experience in generating appropriate security documentation to receive proper accreditation from Directorate security personnel and correcting security shortfalls as they are identified through Agency sponsored reviews.
- Strong technical skills and analytic ability.
- Good communications skills, written and oral.
- Bachelors degree and 11 or more years of professional experience
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of Customer PMF process
- Knowledge of FISMA, DCID 6/3, ICD 503 Standards
- IT development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Customer organization and processes specific to security requirements for IT systems and accreditation/certification.
- Experience in an ISSO / ISSM role.