Back to Results
Linux Admin (DevOps Light)
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client in the Dulles Corridor is seeking a contract to hire systems engineer. This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and administration of multiple systems comprising client’s core IT infrastructure. This includes a focus on AWS Cloud/ Red Hat Linux operating systems running on VMware and physical server infrastructure. A secondary focus will be utilizing automated provisioning tools.
- Strong skills in design, installation and running of AWS cloud jobs leveraging AWS compute, storage, network and other AWS cloud products
- Expert experience with design, distribution and care of Linux Operating Systems such as Redhat Enterprise Linux 5, 6, & 7
- Experience with Ansible or comparable automation platforms
- Managing and organizing utilities that maintain the RHEL platform.
- Preparing, applying and continually refining a comprehensive patching procedure for OS and its applications.
- Has extensive virtualization infrastructure knowledge with VMware VSphere, including compute, storage and networking infrastructure
- Administration and support of MySQL, Apache and Tomcat
- Knowledge with network procedures, ideas and troubleshooting
- Create and preserve Linux Operating Systems standards and operating procedures
- Has experience testing, developing and writing scripts to perform as code against infrastructure
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Providing support and assistance to End Users, System Administrator(s), Network Engineer(s) and Telecommunications Systems staff
- Assist in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
- Responding to escalated requests for technical assistance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar technical discipline, or the corresponding combo of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 3-7 years of associated systems engineering experience.
- 3 years of Linux systems administration and/or engineering
- 3 years of AWS Cloud systems administration
- Strong Familiarity of RedHat Linux, AWS Cloud and VMWare best applications
- Knowledge of automation platforms best practices
- Ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is needed
- Knowledge of F5/Citrix Netscaler or similar load Balancer technologies
- Average office setting
- Must be flexible enough to work more than 40 hours per week when business requires.
- Needs to be able to multitask and prioritize competing work demands
- Efficiently communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Efficiently cope with stressful circumstances
- Self-starter, problem solver, with excellent analytical skills and ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects from start to finish with successful outcomes