Back to Results
IT Auditor ( Applications and Development)
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: IT Auditor (Applications and Development)
LOCATION: Jersey City
Assisting with planning and carrying out audit assignments within the Information Technology (IT) area. Experience in communicating with all levels of management and, as necessary, the Audit Committee, Regulators, parent Bank auditors and the Bank’s External Auditors.
Under the supervision of the Auditor or immediate manager, the individual will work independently or as part of a team.
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Determine the direction and thrust of the proposed audit efforts.
- Plan the approach (sampling, etc.) and scope of the audit and prepare an audit program.
- Identify areas of risk and key control points of the systems and operations.
- Evaluate a system’s effectiveness through the application of knowledge of business systems, including financial, operational, compliance, and other operations, and understanding of auditing techniques.
- Perform audits in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit program and methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a major in Information Systems or other related IT discipline.
- Four to seven (4-7) years of auditing experience, preferably in related industry.
- In depth experience with performing application, change management and development reviews.
- Experience in performing various database and security reviews.
- Thorough knowledge of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, Exchange, VMWare, SQL, Oracle, IIS, WebLogic, JBoss and Apache.
- Solid understanding of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery as well as Risk Management functions.
- Familiarity with various governance frameworks and standards, such as COBIT, NIST and ISO
- Certification (i.e. CISA) is preferred, but not required.