Back to Results
IT Auditor (Information Security)
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: IT Auditor (Information Security)
LOCATION: Jersey City
MAIN SKILLS: Infrastructure and Security Reviews, Windows Linux, VMware, SQL, Oracle, WebLogic
Planning and carrying out audit assignments within the Information Technology (IT) area. This role requires experience in communicating with all levels of management and, as necessary, the Audit Committee, Regulators, parent Bank auditors and the Bank’s External Auditors.
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Determine the direction and thrust of the proposed audit efforts.
- Plan the approach (sampling, etc.) and scope of the audit and prepare an audit program.
- Evaluate a system’s effectiveness through the application of knowledge of business systems, including financial, operational, compliance, and other operations, and understanding of auditing techniques.
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions through effective follow-up activities.
- Perform Continuous Auditing responsibilities scheduled by the Auditor and/or immediate manager, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a major in Information Systems or other related IT discipline.
- Four to seven (4-7) years of auditing experience, preferably in related industry.
- In depth experience with performing infrastructure and security reviews.
- Experience in performing application, change management and development reviews.
- Thorough knowledge of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, Exchange, VMWare, SQL, Oracle, IIS, WebLogic, JBoss and Apache.
- Solid understanding of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery as well as Risk Management functions.
- Familiarity with various governance frameworks and standards, such as COBIT, NIST and ISO
- Certification (i.e. CISA) is preferred, but not required.