Back to Results
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
- Install, configure, support, patch, and upgrade MS SQL and related services.
- Database design and implementation.
- Database tuning, performance monitoring, and replication optimization.
- Monitor and maintain database health and security.
- Manage backup and recovery plans for databases, as well as, perform database recovery and refresh.
- Application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Technical support, troubleshooting, and consultation for the development, implementation, and maintenance of database environment.
- Provide technical leadership to all internal IT team members in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of database problems.
- Evaluate MS SQL features and make recommendations.
- Create, implement, maintain, and document standards for ensuring database security and integrity.
- Conduct capacity planning.
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate database security.
- Manage VMs for SQL database servers.
- Scope and document necessary infrastructure and other requirements for managing database environment.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of company business processes and the data they create and require. Act as a technical resource for application and data users, developers and system analysts, and other internal IT team members.
- Perform analysis, feasibility studies, and vendor comparisons leading to the acquisition and implementation of database related products, including database monitors, utilities, query tools, and connectivity solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep management informed of products, developments, and trends in database management and related software (including cloud management offerings). Develop recommendations for management.
- Coordinate with vendors in testing and installing new releases, installing patches, user training, and documenting updates.
- 3+ years of professional experience in MySQL /MSSQL server database administration with strong SQL development skills.
- Experience with using SQL server tools and system stored procedures.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Highly motivated team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other team members.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments; as well as, interface with application and infrastructure teams.
- Excellent verbal, phone, and written communication skills.
- Advanced research, analysis and technical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work on multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- High standard of ethics and teamwork with management, peers, and agents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.