Back to Results
SAP BW/BOBJ Analyst
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Analyze requirements and design BW Data Models to meet reporting needs.
- Develop and implement BW Data Models.
- Generate BeX Reports using calculated, restricted key figures, and formulas.
- Create Transformations and DTPs to load and update data into Data Targets to achieve required results.
- Activate Business content and perform gap analysis with requirements.
- Create Generic data sources and enhance Business content data sources as needed.
- Design and develop dashboards using Visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Conditions and Exceptions, filters, and drilldown methods.
- Create Business Objects Data Services (BODS) Jobs, Work Flows, Data Flows, and Scripts using various Transforms to load data from ECC to SQL database.
- Use Data Services Management Console to schedule, execute, and monitor jobs.
- Develop and enhance Business Objects Universes based on SQL data sources using pre-defined prompts, conditions, and filters.
- Develop complex reports using BOBJ reporting tools – Web Intelligence (WebI), Crystal Reports, and Analysis for Microsoft Office.
- Work with Basis team to troubleshoot and resolve the BI/BOBJ related issues.
- Support and perform system upgrade activities related to the BW/BOBJ platforms.
- Develop and execute detailed Test Cases & Test Plans for validation of configuration and system upgrades.
- Work on testing & transporting of extractors, data models, reports, queries, and dashboards from development to testing and testing to production.
- Maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents. Identify opportunities to automate, consolidate, and simplify platform.
- Analyze and solve complex technical issues such as load failures and systems dumps.
- Monitor and resolve helpdesk tickets. Provide Production Support activities such as data load monitoring, enhancements, report access, and change requests.
- Develop training material and conduct end user training.
- Develop rapid prototyping to create demos and proof of concept and facilitate design discussions.
- 5+ years of SAP BW experience with sound knowledge in integrating SAP SD, MM, and FICO modules in BW.
- 5+ years of experience in frontend BeX query development.
- 5+ years of experience BOBJ report development.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence (BI) architecture such as the ETL process & dimensional modeling.
- Work independently and in a team environment under tight deadlines and able to prioritize work to meet the project deadlines.
- Flexible to adapt to any new environment with a strong desire to keep pace with latest technologies.
- Strong BW data modelling concepts and architecture experience.
- Proficient in BeX queries development.
- Expertise in analyzing, designing, creating, and maintaining BW configuration such as Info Objects, Info Cubes, DSO objects, Multi Providers, Info Sets, and Extract Structures.
- Experience with custom data extraction from SAP ECC using generic data extractors.
- Experience in Data Extraction from SAP R/3 (SD, MM, FI/CO, and Inventory Management).
- Experience enhancing business content extractors, transformations and OLAP variables using ABAP routines.
- Highly Proficient in BOBJ reporting tool sets – WebI, Crystal Reports, Analysis for Office, and Design Studio.
- Skilled in Universe Designer (UDT/IDT) development/enhancement.
- Experience with BOBJ system administration.