Back to Results
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
- Proactively monitor the IT network and Industrial network connectivity and work with various teams and vendors to resolve network issues promptly.
- Ensure Network standards, guidelines, and procedures are compliant with frequent auditing.
- Review trend reports to evaluate where the bandwidth is being consumed and determine if rig bandwidth needs to be upgraded or eliminate unnecessary traffic.
- Investigate network outages, high latency, and high utilization. This person will be able to read and interpret network performance statistics and suggest solutions for higher bandwidth utilization.
- Ensure the security, integrity, and compliance of the IT and Industrial Networks.
- Responsible for daily operations of network engineering maintenance task with a proactive approach in solving problems.
- Electronic Technology/Electrical Engineering/Computer related degree preferred.
- 4+ year’s network engineering with both routing and switching.
- CCNP, CCDP, Network + or equivalent (CCIE R&S Written and/or lab a plus).
- Strong Network Architecture background in IT networks.
- Network Architecture experience with industrial control systems (a plus).
- Good design experience with wire run, switches, and routers covering distances measured in 100s of feet with different media.
- Understanding of Industrial Network technology (SCADA, Siemens, Rockwell Automation, or ABB ICS) (a plus).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and troubleshooting network issues over VSAT and other WAN technologies.
- Riverbed Steelhead administration and troubleshooting.
- Ability to configure routers and switches to secure specifications within a repeatable engineering processes.
- Be willing and able to be on call for emergencies.