Back to Results
Sr. Oracle Financials System Analyst
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
- Partner with project managers and business analysts to review and understand business requirements, recommend solutions, and provide level of effort estimates to complete customizations or configurations to the application.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Design and develop new business applications to support the business operations in various functional areas such as project Accounting, Account Payables, Account Receivables, General Ledger, Payments, Human Resources, EB Tax, Sub Ledger Accounting, and Fixed Assets.
- Ensure program code is written according to documented software development processes and standards.
- Perform impact analysis and collaborate with other team members within IT and the business before production changes are made.
- Prepare and obtain approval for system and programming documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical production issues with standard or custom Oracle E-Business programs, interfaces, and reports.
- Manage Technical tasks of offshore Production support resources.
- Provides technical review advice to IT Leads and staff, and as necessary to end users and the general user community.
- Reviews and ensures conformance with standards, policies and procedures involved with or related to the delivery of IMS services.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mechanical, software or electrical engineering or related field with 7+ years’ experience of Oracle Applications R12 programming and analysis experience on a variety of technical projects (implementation and support) A Master’s degree in computer science, or information technology or mechanical, software or electrical engineering or related field with 5+ years’ experience as noted above.
- Proven SQL, PL/SQL, OAF and skills to create forms, reports, interfaces, personalizations, and workflows.
- Solid technical understanding of Oracle E-Business Suite data model, schema architecture, and Multi-Org concepts.
- Oracle Applications development experience, including Reports, Customization, Interfaces, and Extensions.
- Knowledge of UNIX, shell scripting, and navigation of standard Oracle Application directories.
- Experience with any or all of the following: XML, BI Publisher, Workflow, Web Services, and SOA.
- Experience with Oracle Applications R12 Financial modules; knowledge of Oracle Payables, Oracle Receivables, General Ledger, EB Tax, Cash Management, and Fixed Assets is a must. Oracle Project Accounting/Billing and Costing is a big plus.
- Big picture view, with ability to understand the details of business needs, processes, and information flows through the system.
- Troubleshoot technical and functional issues related to the Oracle Applications.
- Prior experience working in organizations to support IT services provided to internal/external clients.
- Proactively work and resolve Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support, as required
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA team for application change controls and system performance issues.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and source code control.
- Oracle R12 Technical upgrade project experience (e.g. report conversion; data conversion) considered an asset.
- Business intelligence and reporting experience (Hyperion or similar product) considered an asset.
- Kofax, Noetix AP Imaging software, Concur would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Oracle HRMS functionality and experience on developing interfaces with Custom and standard applications.