Back to Results
Vice President of Information Technology
Location: Houston Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Establish the organization’s IT strategy and provide clear, concise communication while setting expectations for deliverables.
- Ensure that IT adds maximum value to organization in order to facilitate the success of the business.
- Primary day-to-day responsibility for technology management of business operations in terms of planning, developing, implementing, managing, growing, and maintaining availability, efficiency, profitability, and financial viability of all technology related components within the company.
- Responsibility for development, execution, and management of the company’s technology road map and development plan; including technology to coordinate all activities from security, accounting software, finance, project management, manufacturing, logistics, distribution operations, transportation, wellsite operations, as well as customer portals and website integrations.
- Collaborate with management and employees to streamline all internal operations, including optimizing their respective strategic benefits, analyzing and anticipating business requirements, and determining their technology needs for today and the future.
- Responsible for all technology systems, processes, software design, and development within the company (being able and capable of designing and developing technology solutions themselves and by teams they manage).
- Possess and demonstrate an abundance of maturity of leadership and forethought to balance the requirements of internal software development to build unique technology advantages.
- Possess leadership skills and communications methods that will enable them to work effectively and accountably with and through other departments (the executive committee, finance, sales, operations, IT team members, remotely distributed team members, subcontractors, vendors, etc.) to achieve desired operational and financial results.
- Lead and mentor the IT department in goal achievement within available resources; establish staffing levels; hire employees; plan and organize workloads and staff assignments; train, motivate, and evaluate assigned staff; review progress and direct changes; and conduct performance management to include employee development and discipline.
- Responsible for formulating, managing, and accessing the annual IT operating and capex budget and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the department.
- Incorporate commercial off the shelf (COTS) technologies with bespoke custom applications development when no current software solution is available.
- Capability and interest to develop technology internally, but with the wisdom to always use COTS product, other party SasS tools, API’s, when a simpler and more efficient solution is available.
- Build out technology roadmap to improve customer experience, sales, project management, logistics, operational efficiency, and leadership in the competitive landscape of the market.
- Anticipate and manage major technology sea changes, with forethought to advise senior management on changes necessary to ensure company leadership in the competitive landscape for 2018 and beyond.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operation.
- Oversee the technology infrastructure in the organization to ensure optimal performance, uptime, and stability and ensure functionality and efficiency. Oversee quality assurances and data protection processes.
- Evaluate new technologies for feasibility and implementation possibilities. Lead and direct the implementation of new IT systems, project onboarding, support and training, information governance & security, and all internal and external IT processes and policies.
- Provide guidance with IT services for the organization to maximize the effectiveness of operations, processes, and systems.
- Responsible for compliance with policies and procedures to support of the quarterly and annual audit internal controls over financial reporting, specifically SOX 404 ITGC controls.
- Responsible for development of the company's disaster recovery plan through assessment of areas of business continuity risk. Proactively implement appropriately scaled disaster recovery solutions for critical data systems. Maintain technical specifications and related documentation to prevent system failures.
- Adhere to and effectively communicate and promote the company culture and values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment, improvement, and support company vision and mission.
- Adhere to established work schedule, attendance standards, and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Significant experience in managing services through partners/vendors in [outsourced] model.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the technology landscape, with a history of predicting and planning for implementation of trending technologies to maximize investment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks or projects to align with the strategic objectives and with business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility, be self-governing, be proactive, and responsible for accomplishment of the company mission without need for daily coaching or prompting from the President.
- Thorough understanding of operational support processes with excellent business acumen.
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations with superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of information technology, modern electronic data processing theory, principles, and practices; management information systems, information governance, project management and business analysis, office automation, personal computers, and computerized financial applications.
- Considerable knowledge of IT architecture and infrastructure, including significant experience with interfaces.
- Manage third party service delivery teams through Service Agreements.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (IFS) and other industry applications; working knowledge of accounting software and business practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college, preferably in information technology, management information services, computer science, or a closely related field.
- Technology and IT certifications preferred.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Houston, with travel required to operational locations and other administrative offices as needed (less than 20%).