Location: Dallas Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
The Sr. Database Administrator will be responsible for all instances of SQL Server in three environments (DEV, UAT, PROD) as well as other RDBMS systems as needed.
• Monitors and administers DBMS security
• Working technical knowledge of SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016
• Ability to create and maintain SQL Failover Clusters utilizing Windows Clustering
• Thorough understanding of T-SQL, stored procedures, and user defined functions
• Analyzes the data stored in the database and makes recommendations relating to performance & efficiency of that data storage.
• Evaluates the effective use of indexes, enabling "Parallel Query" execution, or other DBMS specific features
• Knows the DBMS, points out potential problems, and helps the development team with special performance considerations.
• Works in conjunction with Senior DBAs to provide support
• Assists the Senior DBA own the Database side of applications
• Provides hands-on doing application design and development primarily focused on Data access
• Work directly with the senior DBA, management staff, network administrators, developers and testers, architects, and SMEs
• Implement, in a timely manner, Senior DBA decisions.
• Know and implement best practices in a high-production environment
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, and work in a team environment.
• Deadline oriented—the individual has a strong work ethic and completes work based on department deadlines
• Customer service—the individual manages customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Proficient in many of the following technologies:
• SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016
• Data Transformation Services (DTS) and Integration Services (SSIS)
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• TSQL specifications and variations
• Proficient in Microsoft server and network technologies
• Knowledge of database security fundamentals
• Familiar with Data modeling, database optimization, understanding & implementation of schemas, and the ability to interpret & write complex SQL queries
• SQL server job automation using SQL agents
• Understanding and application of SQL Server updates
• Database administration in virtual environments like VMWare and Hyper-V
• PowerShell scripting experience
• Support for SQL Server Reporting Services and Integration Services
• Knowledgeable with SAN technologies
• Positive attitude/ Coachable / Diligent / Hard-working
• Good communication skills
• SQL server recovery methods planning and testing
• SQL server database design
• SQL server security hardening
Bachelor in Computer Science or related accredited programs
• Certifications (MCTS, MCITP, MCDBA, MCA) a plus
• Experience: 2+ years developing database solutions
• Analyzing & problem solving skills
• Follow a sequence of operations or actions
• Attention to details
• Ability to organize and prioritize work flow