Back to Results
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Department: Information Technology
The Position: Database/Applications Administrator
Business Title: Database/Applications Administrator
Location: New York
FLSA Status: Exempt
International Law Firm seeks SharePoint Administrator to implement, maintain and troubleshoot SharePoint infrastructure. Minimum 5 years’ experience required in installing, upgrading, and maintaining SharePoint servers for version 2013/2016 and web application servers. The candidate must have basic general knowledge of networking, firewalls, and SQL Server. Candidates must also possess strong communication and documentation skills, and be able to work successfully in a team environment as well as work independently and proactively as needed to identify problems and find solutions.
- This position involves managing SharePoint Farms as well as a variety of other applications.
- Expert knowledge and experience with installing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading and managing the health and functions of an on premise SharePoint Server or Farm.
- Expert knowledge configuring all service applications including timer jobs, workflow, search, managed metadata, and user profile synchronization.
- Experience with creating SharePoint Farms, Web Applications, and Site Collections.
- Experience with moving/copying sites and managing different levels of SharePoint permissions
- Working knowledge of PowerShell scripting, Business Connectivity Services, and Jenkins
- Ability to recommend best practices for SharePoint Infrastructure, architecture and standards, including support for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Experience monitoring and regularly reviewing system logs and reports; setting up alerts and policies
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server operation including creation and maintenance of content DB, tuning, permissions, backup/restore, and identifying/troubleshooting application/databases issues
- •Knowledge of Internet Information Server (IIS) and the basic operation of websites, Application Pools, IIS Administration, the IIS Metabase, Ports, SSL Certifications (security certificates and wildcard certificates)
- Ability to manage production support escalations; resolving development and production SharePoint issues, handling development, staging and production deployments, and providing project implementation support
- Experience with DocAve AvePoint software a plus
- Experience working with SharePoint Search Farms is a plus
- Experience working with Handshake and NGage is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related area
- 5+ years as a full-time SharePoint Administrator
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of information security and systems administration
- Ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams