Back to Results
.NET - Software Developer (Architecture Team)
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
This person will be responsible for the design and development of restaurant applications. This individual will assist in the end-to-end restaurant system integration including lab testing and deployment.
This role requires a broad view of restaurant technologies from both the customer and technical perspectives to ensure a successful, deployable product. To be effective in this role, you will need to work with customers, architects, developers, support analysts, quality analysts, and management. In addition, the individual in this role will:
- Act as a subject matter expert on restaurant-related technologies, including Point-Of-Sale (POS), digital, mobile, and back office products, providing technical guidance to varying audiences (e.g. business users, QA, POS vendors, management).
- Advocate and promote RDI technologies and solutions to our customers and partners.
- Assist Centers of Excellence in identifying product process issues and determine efficiencies.
- Drive increased quality and time to market of COE deliverables through automation and continuous integration (and delivery).
- Participate in integration, release management and packaging of U.S. and global store systems and products.
- Provide ongoing development, maintenance, improvements, and US localization for NP6-related (POS) products, including bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- Collaborate with RDI Brazil regarding software features.
- Review/triage defects to confirm that they will result in a core change prior to submitting to RDI Core Development.
- Act as a mentor to other development, support, and quality assurance team members.
- Identify product process issues and determine efficiencies.
- Participate in the requirements analysis, design and deployment of Restaurant architecture changes.
- Create Technical Documentation and be willing to present on technical topics to others as needed.
- Assess effectiveness of the technical solution and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced degrees and certifications are a plus.
- 6 or more years of technical software development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts.
- Knowledge and experience with software design principles and software design patterns.
- 5 or more years of C/C++ applications development experience.
- 5 or more years of OOP applications development using C#.
- Experience with development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with Windows performance and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with XML and related technologies.
- Support and development experience across a broad range of other platforms and languages - more is better.
- Experience using source control systems such as CVS, GIT, Subversion, or TFS.
- Experience with systems that facilitate Problem, Change and Release Management.
- Familiarity with defect tracking systems such as TFS or Jira.
- Basic networking skills.