Back to Results
Sr. Project Manager- Guidewire
Location: Philadelphia Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
The Senior Project Manager coordinates business change by leading one to several concurrent, complex, and highly impactful technology projects. Responsible for navigating key stakeholder relationships, is an exceptional problem solver / decision maker, and works directly with project teams to achieve results. The Senior Project manager demonstrates mastery of project management processes and an ability to work in a highly complex technical landscape.
- Creates and maintains project plan (charters and schedules), and reviews them with the appropriate IT partners, business partners and steering committees. This includes tracking plans against agreed upon resource levels, timelines and budgets.
- Review and track critical dependencies between projects and workstreams
- Maintains a deep understanding of the scope of work and is able to manage the project schedule; able to articulate how decisions may impact the schedule accordingly.
- Actively identifies and manages project risks, issues, and decisions. Is able to navigate a complex organization in order to facilitate the resolution of these.
- Provides consistent, timely, and well-crafted project progress status reporting and communications
- Interface with Integration Partner for the delivery of interdependent projects.
- Leader skilled and responsible for partnering with the project owner/sponsor and all stakeholders to create and implement appropriate and cost efficient solutions based on business objectives.
- Able to lead and successfully deliver multiple (concurrent) high priority, complex software development and integration projects in an Agile environment.
- Understands the project’s business value; ongoing monitoring of value attainment within the project lifecycle and supports the realization tracking method.
- Acts as project manager, with leadership responsibilities for a matrixed team on large sized projects. Manages results as outlined in the project’s triple constraints of budget, schedule and scope (objective/quality/performance.)
- Represents team recommendations to Senior Management, demonstrate influence over governance bodies, and communicate effectively via formal presentations.
- Builds strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understands business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives.
- Ensures that project management governance is followed and change management procedures and supporting tools are used in executing all projects as appropriate.
- Manages deliverable estimation process, resource allocation and efficient utilization; negotiates resource conflicts with other project managers or resources managers as appropriate.
- Communicates technical issues, impact, and risk mitigation strategies in business terminology that can be communicated to and understood by non-technical.
- Provides ongoing status updates on project progress, risks, change management and issue resolution. Leads risk and issue identification, tracking, escalation and resolution documentation. Monitors risk events before becoming issues and potential roadblocks.
- Four-year degree or equivalent proven project management experience and success.
- PMI or Agile certifications strongly desired
- 8+ years of project management experience guiding large sized (24-36 month, $8-$15+ million) projects to close.
- Experience managing development projects in financial services or insurance companies; commercial property and casualty insurance a plus
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors in development, testing and staff augmentation
- Working knowledge or experience in managing Agile or Iterative development projects desired
- Experience managing project teams (15+ people) operating within a matrix organization
- Desired experience managing Billing, Data Management and Reporting projects within the Insurance industry
- Guidewire experience required. Guidewire Insurance Suite provides an end-to-end set of applications that support insurance operations: underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. The Insurance Suite applications are a set of common platform modules that cover the property and casualty insurance life cycle and typically replace legacy systems developed internally by insurance carriers
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills - able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Excellent communication skills combined with experience leading a matrix project team.
- Excellent teamwork, critical thinking, analytical, judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in use of project management discipline and best practices (PMBOK driven)
- Competent in the use of all project management and analytical software tools.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert in Microsoft Project 2007 or 2010
- Have experience in effort-driven project schedules.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server and/or CA Agile Central (Rally) strongly desired
- Expertise in methodology development, training and process control.
- Experience with implementing Guidewire projects preferred