Back to Results
Customer Support Coordinator
Location: Rockville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
Our client is seeking multiple Technical Support Specialists in Rockville, MD. Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience providing exceptional technical customer service support in a call center setting.
- The Technical Support Specialist will answer customer’s inquiries using various mediums concerning systems operation.
- Diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems.
- Recommend or perform minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Speak to customers to learn procedures followed to diagnose source of error.
- Determine whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables or telephone.
- Communicate with co-workers to research problem and find solution.
- Talk to programmers to explain software errors and/or to recommend changes to programs.
- Refer major hardware problems to other personnel for correction.
- Assist customers in refreshing damaged files required to run software including operating system files, modem and printer drivers and monitor/video drivers.
- Must have at least 2 years of technical customer service experience in a call center environment
- Ability to gather information quickly and thoroughly and efficiently to assist customer needs.
- Must be able to creatively research and identify problems while working in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required; must be able to quickly and accurately document calls and concerns from customers.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of one or more of the following - Win 95/98, dial up networking, TCP/IP, modem configurations, Microsoft Office; web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.