Back to Results
IT Project Manager
Location: Rockville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client is looking for an IT Project Manager here in the Gaithersburg, MD area. We are looking for a dedicated person to be a member of their team.
- Will be responsible for the ownership of Agile software engineering processes for one or more complex, cloud-based platforms and applications
- Plans, directs, and coordinates project management activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and/or objectives of the projects are accomplished within the prescribed scope and funding parameters.
- Responsible for budgeting, scheduling, and setting timelines. Must be able to adapt to ever changing priorities from stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Agile (Scrum / Kanban) events such as walkthroughs, demos, and retrospectives
- Communicates project status to internal stakeholders regarding project needs.
- Support and partner with the executive product organization, specifically in respect to grooming and maintaining product backlog(s)
- Provide status vs. progress and performance of engineering efforts to the executive team at a moment’s notice (CEO, CTO, President)
- Contributes key technical expertise on project assignments.
- Own and improve upon digital agile dashboards, burndowns, and general insight into progress
- Advocate the adoption of agile best practices as they relate to our team and specific needs
- 7-10 years of experience of professional experience; 5+ years of experience managing multiple projects in the software technology industry
- PMI Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Project Management Methodologies & Techniques.
- Experience effectively leading a project team to successful completion of project, encouraging collaboration, promoting the flow of information among all participants, and providing clear direction on how to meet project goals is preferred.
- Experience working with ticketing and dashboard software such as Jira or another equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Project Management, or combination of equivalent experience and education
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project is a must. Experience with a Kanban tool is a plus.
- Understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) is a plus
- Understanding of serverless app development approaches and/or related AWS services is a plus
- Mobile/Responsive design experience is a plus