Back to Results
INF : Cisco Network Engineer
Location: Chicago Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
A big Chicago Financial based company is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer for a contract opportunity. Please contact Candace Murphy at 312.253.2190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Job Responsibilities
As a Network Engineer will build and maintain global infrastructure. This person will work with internal and external customers to gather requirements, provide guidance and network design support. This position requires a highly technical person that has a deep understanding of routing protocols internal and external, strong operational experience and the ability to isolate, analyze and resolve networking issues.
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration
- Directing system installation defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Bachelors Degree Information Technology (or equivalent educational focus) or 8+ years industry experience Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Desired certifications include but not limited to: CCNA
- 8+ years of experience demonstrating expertise on Cisco Remote Access, Cisco Multilayer Switching, Cisco IOS Security, Juniper Firewalls, Cisco VPN Concentrators, Cisco Wireless Access Points, Cisco Wireless LAN Controller equipment along with theories and concepts
- Experience with large-scale global network environments conducting Internet facing -BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Multicast, IPv6, LAN/WAN network design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Network solutions, standards and protocols WAN Acceleration, Voice/Video over IP, Cloud Services
- TCP/IP and various Internet Protocols DNS, NAT, IPSec, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL, SNMP, NFS, IPv4, IPv6, Digital Certificates, Web Security architecture.
- L2 technologies-VLANs/VLAN tagging, VTP, Spanning Tree, Etherchannel, portchannel, 40Gigabit/10Gigabit switched networks
- L3 technologies-IP Sub-netting, IP routing, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, VRF.
- WAN technologies, T1, DSL, DS3, MPLS, VPN, WAN Optimization
- Cisco and F5 required
- Networking communication principles, network standards, and network security practices.
- Network protocols, including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IPSec, VRRP, HSRP, and SNMP.
- IP addressing (IPv4 & IPv6), subnetting, routing, switching, VLANs, NAT, VPN, etc.
- Expertise in designing, supporting, and administering routers, switches, firewalls and concentrators including ability to troubleshoot complex topologies.
- Familiarity with IPSEC and Cisco IOS IPSEC High Availability
- Expertise in supporting and maintaining multiple networking equipment distributed globally.
- Extensive Cisco and routing experience required; especially in a global de-centralized environment.
- Ability to develop disaster recovery tactical options
- Ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and recommendation
- Demonstrated ability to provide oversight for multiple projects, with an emphasis on deploying high-performance solutions for field and corporate facing systems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups and generate results in matrix organizations. Must be able to excel in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Work experience that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to reconcile and balance business priorities with day to day operational tasks
- Demonstrated history of continued/continuing education
- Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
- Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple projects
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and participation in multiple projects