Back to Results
IT Security Analyst
Location: Rockville Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
We are currently hiring for an IT Network Security Analyst in Silver Spring, MD.
- Assist in analysis of the effectiveness of current security policies, standards, procedures and controls and provide recommendations that are aligned with industry best practices.
- Assist in enhancing our IT Security Program by managing the day-to-day monitoring and alerting of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technology.
- Assist in the development and update of security policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that all identified security risks are mitigated.
- Interpreting raw network traffic (e.g. packet capture) and determining whether activity is legitimate.
- Assist in incident management and remediation activities.
- Help coordinate and compile thorough documentation and remediation of security incidents.
- Assist in Information Security's partnership with IT and business units to identify gaps in security policies and standards, and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Work to understand and monitor emerging threats and vulnerabilities; assist Information Security with efforts to partner with IT teams to identify and evaluate technology enhancements including perimeter and internal protection tools and practices
- Remaining informed on trends and issues in the security industry, including current and emerging technologies.
- 5 years of experience working within Citrix based network architectures and working in cybersecurity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security related field of study or commensurate working experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Information Security best practices preferred
- Demonstrates clear, effective, and diplomatic oral communication skills and above average written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of various information technologies, including networking, servers, desktops, firewalls and security appliances is desired; some hands-on experience would be preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of Unified Threat Management, SIEM technologies, Citrix, Windows Server operating system, firewall technologies, application layer security controls, and IDS/IPS technologies.
- Familiarity with security best practice standards such as the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Top 20 Critical Security Controls, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, FFIEC Regulatory Cybersecurity Standards, FIPS, ITIL and COBIT.
- One of the following certifications is preferred: Certified Incident Handler (GCIH); Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security); CompTIA Security+; Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- No 3rd parties please.