Are you looking for a great opportunity with a reputable company? Our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join their team. Please contact us today to discuss this opportunity!
Business Systems Analyst
- The Business Systems Analyst Senior applies advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices to analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing financial systems. Will work independently to plan and analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex and unusual problems that require independent judgment and ingenuity to modify procedures’ standards related to improving business systems and processes.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements. Prepares time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- Provides functional assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures. Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system. Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Writes and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems. Consults and coordinates with systems analysts and programmers to design and develop automated business systems. Coordinate the preparation of workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing. Consults with business unit management and personnel to obtain additional information during system development and evaluate alternatives.
- Directs and coordinates work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs. Tracks and documents changes to functional and business specifications. Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Preference will be given to those with an energy industry and/or procurement background.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in Oracle Applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or other appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university and five plus (5+) or more years of related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language at a college level, perform basic mathematical calculations, and learn to interpret and comprehend company policies, procedures, safety instructions, and other like documents used in an energy industry environment.
- Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel and operation of standard office equipment.
- Competent in making telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and formal presentations to small or large groups.
Why choose Addison Information & Technology?
- Pay: We negotiate high salaries using US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Connections: You connect directly with hiring managers from renowned organizations
- Options: You are presented multiple employment options near your home
- Professional Development: You are provided hiring process advice, resume revision, and employment negotiation