Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
GENERAL SUMMARY: Analyze existing business systems and user requirements and develop applications and/or solutions that meet departmental needs. Research and develop new web-based applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related discipline or, an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
• Two years of experience in the development of web pages and an additional year of experience involving application and database development/design, systems analysis, use of a high level programming language and project management.
• Specialized courses on topics like Web Programming, Use of Web Development and Project Management Tools, graphic design, writing (business, technical and for the web) and Database Development and Design.
• Experience with developing applications using ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC,C# • Knowledge of relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills • Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
• Additional specialized courses or comparable experience may be required based on the specific focus of an individual position included under this job description.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Analyze existing business systems and user requirements to design improved/replacement systems. Work with users to find solutions that meet their needs as well as the needs of the unit.
• Design, develop, and support Microsoft Share Point Server.
• Research and advise on new technologies, equipment and methodologies.
• Act as team leader and use project management skills and software to ensure objectives. Act as liaison with vendors by translating technical specifications and explaining the department's/organization's needs. Act as technical contact and liaison with ITS.
• Train users on hardware and software.
• Conduct software testing and evaluation.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Discovering and solving problems
• Assist with the resolution of production problems
• Perform backup support of systems as requested
• Interacting with staff to clarify or define business requirements
• Proactively identifies process improvements that reduce support cost and effort
• Perform other duties as assigned