Back to Results
Junior Systems Administrator
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Title: Junior Systems Administrator
Location: New York City
The Junior Systems Administrator responsible for supporting, maintaining and upgrading of the hardware and software of servers and desktops. Will apply the technical expertise to adequately sustain and implement servers and desktops.
Reports to the Systems Administrator and works alongside Network Administrators and Developers.
- Provide supporting documentation related to Virtual & Physical server environments
- Handle storage, backups, messaging, Citrix and active directory services
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolving problems
- Monitor and verifying integrity and availability of all hardware
- Apply OS and software patches and upgrades on a regular basis
- Support and maintain printers and copiers
- 1-2 years of experience in systems administration and help desk support
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or related field
- MS office troubleshooting
- Windows 2008/2012 server
- Familiarity with MS Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, and AD administration is a plus
- Hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM.
- Some after hours and weekend support is required