Back to Results
Lead Full Stack Developer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Principal Software Engineer is a Full Stack Application Developer who plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle.
- Build and implement front-end web applications and back-end services that integrate with other products.
- Validate requirements and system design.
- Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets.
- Ensure code paths are unit and functional tested using automation.
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-10 years of system development experience using a variety of the following technologies:
- Data: Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience building highly scalable and performant single page applications used by millions of users.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, asset pipelines)
- Solid understanding of Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- Proven track record in developing high quality, performant, and maintainable web applications across all devices.
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Experience using different development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
- Disciplined approach to software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, quality assurance)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Significant experience in web applications involving secure products handling personally identifiable information.
- A history of open-source contribution