Back to Results
Lead Network Security Engineer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer in the Washington, DC metro area.
- The Network Engineer will plan and design the Implementation of the LAN incl Nexxus Switches, WAN incl. F5 load balancers, WLAN, VPN and Monitoring Tools utilizing Standardized Architecture.
- The Network Engineer will develop low-level LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN and Monitoring Tools design and configuration documentation.
- Provide 3rd Tier Troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues.
- Configuration and implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, security appliances, wireless controllers, vpn appliances and monitoring tools etc.
- The Network Engineer will create and maintain network documentation as it relates to the standardize network topology, equipment, operational support and configuration.
- Interact and negotiate with application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to architect, design and implement network solutions.
- The Network Engineer will perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
- Follow standard operating procedures and applications for service, change, and incident management.
- The Network Engineer will perform the assigned functions within an Operational Support Model by utilizing Network Monitoring Tools to maintain and report on the health, consumption and availability of the network via Metrics and KPI’s.
- Collaborate with Network Architecture team to develop a plan to lifecycle the Network incorporating Standardize Designs, Technical Roadmaps, Feature Matrices, Financial Requirements, Risk Matrix and Lifecycle status.
- Perform routine infrastructure testing and evaluations to identify challenges within our infrastructure and develop a plan to remediate them.
- Ensure configuration and feature consistency is maintained across the network infrastructure.
- Conduct internal training and technical guidance to enhance operational staff proficiencies.
- Develop and Implement Operational Efficiencies by utilizing Vendor or Custom Networking Tools to automate routine implementation and alerting tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN and Monitoring Tools engineering experience in a Global Enterprise Environment.
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, monitoring tools and security appliances.
- Experience designing, evaluating, recommending and implementing networking solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years in the networking/telecommunications industry.
- Experience with large project rollouts
- Strong technical project management and engineering skills are preferred.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, BGP, OSPF MPLS, F5, and Nexxus environments.
- Knowledge of IP traffic flow, protocol analysis, capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.
- Field experience in site survey methodologies, including identifying AP deployment models, antenna types, coverage maps, and roaming solutions
- Proficiency in Wireless Security methods such as: PEAP, EAP-FAST, WPA(2)
- Knowledge of Wireless Engineering tools (AirMagnet, OmniPeek, Cognio, etc.)
- Experience with the wireless features and troubleshooting across multiple client operating systems and the configuration of the network stack, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android OS, and Windows mobile OS.
- Experience with Brocade networking equipment.
- Experience with Aruba wireless equipment.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewall Security equipment.
- Cisco CCIE certification in Routing / Switching, Security, Collaboration or Wireless not required but a definite plus.
- Multiple Cisco CCNP certification designations Routing / Switching, Security, Collaboration or Wireless not required but a definite plus.