Back to Results
Production Support Specialist
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
Our client located in Washington, DC is looking to hire a Production/Application Support Specialist for a year long renewable contract!
- Support and maintain J2EE application including operation, upgrade, system setup, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Develop scripts and programs to enhance J2EE applications
- Work with Operating System (O/S), Network Administration, Storage Management, and Database teams to help define and determine specifications for required computing resources; deploying new releases of complex applications, to ensure high availability of applications
- Work with business users and technical designers to assist in efficient application designs that meet business unit requirements involving integrations of various technical systems and platforms.
- Work with management, project managers and other lead developers to design and develop software.
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting and fixing major system problems in core applications
- Understand relationships between applications within the Software Engineering Department portfolio
- Experience supporting and maintaining J2EE applications (operations, upgrades, system setups, performance tunings, and troubleshooting)
- Experience developing scripts and programs to enhance J2EE applications
- 2-3 years of application support experience