Back to Results
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
A HireStrategy Client, located in Washington DC, is looking to hire an Automation Tester.
- Effectively work in Agile methodology
- Develop and maintain functional automation test scripts utilizing modular frameworks and best practices
- Execute test scripts to validate correct functionality of application
- Use SQL for back-end database validation
- Perform various types of testing including smoke, white box, black box, integration, end-to-end, regression, and system testing as needed
- Participate in requirement & design review sessions; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality test automation standpoint
- Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
- Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate test script reviews with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep QA Lead and management informed of current state of quality and test progress
- Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines
- Accurately estimate work assignments
- Show assertiveness
- Identify obstacles and roadblocks; and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
- Help drive and improve QA process within the team you are assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or have related and equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 1+ years of working in a Waterfall methodology
- 2+ years of writing and maintaining scripts in Selenium Web Driver using Java and modular frameworks (TestNG)
- 2+ years of writing and maintaining scripts in QTP/UFT using VBScript and modular frameworks
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 1+ of using Jira for defect tracking
- 2+ years of using T-SQL or PL/SQL for database validation