Back to Results
Sr. Application Support Developer
Location: Washington DC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract To Hire
Our client in Washington DC has 2 contract-to-hire positions for .NET Developers. The .NET Developer will lead the development and maintenance of custom applications to support our client's core business systems. The developer’s role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
- Assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualization and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements, detailed technical specifications and the technical deployment documents.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to detailed design specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company web site and/or related web applications as necessary.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior programmers and peers.
- Produce technical specifications based on requirements.
- Responsible for technical design, execution, and implementation of custom and 3rd party software solutions.
- Interact with project managers and business analysts to ensure accurate and comprehensive understanding of the requirements.
- Assist the management team in standards development, management, and conformance.
- Provide issue escalation and resolution as well as timely execution of deadlines.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Must possess excellent diagnostic, problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, business administration, or a related field.
- Eight plus years of development experience with C#, .Net Framework, ASP.NET, AJAX, Web Services and SQL Server 2000 - 2016 (designing database schemas, building and deploying databases, writing complex stored procedures, queries, and views. Experience with creating SSIS is a plus but not required).
- SQL Server
- Healthcare – Big PLUS
(MongoDB – Nice to have)